Format: Hybrid course
On-site / Zoom Online Seminar
Venue: Chinese Arts and Culture Centre Telford
2nd Sept - Sun Style Tai Chi 13 Step
3rd Sept - Xing Yi Standing Pole Qigong (Zhan Zhuang)
9:30 am - 15:30 pm UK time
Sun Style Tai Chi 13 Step
Sun-style Tai Chi is one of the major systems that is well-known for its unique philosophy and health benefits. It is created by grand master Sun Lutang, who was not only a great martial artist but also a knowledgeable scholar with in-depth knowledge in Daoism, Yi Jing (book of change), TCM, Yin Yang theory, etc.
He combined all these elements to create a unique Tai Chi style that was a great self-defense tool as well as a fantastic exercise to improve practitioners' physical and mental health and wellness. Sun Style is nimble in movement, internal in practice, and Kinetic in nature. It is therefore particularly effective in improving body function, Qi circulation and joint mobility.
Major benefits of Sun Style Tai Chi
- Improve body and mindful balance, particularly good for helping conditions such as Parkinson's', Chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Enhance coordination of the limbs such as Dyspraxia etc.
- Increase Joint mobility and boost bone density, thus helping combat Arthritis, Osteoporosis
- Boost Qi circulation to enhance organ functions and boasts organ health, thus complementing treatments to chronic illnesses such as Liver Cirrhosis, Kidney Failure, Angina, Gastric Ulcers, etc.
- Strengthen muscle tone, tendons flexibility, delay and improve muscle conditions such as Multiple sclerosis, Muscular dystrophy, etc.
Xing Yi Standing Pole Qigong
Standing Pole is categorised as a still Qigong exercise. A meditative method that effectively transmutes Qi outside and inside the body to power energies to help heal and repair the ailing organs and the aging body. It is a method used by Daoist, Buddhist, and other qigong systems practitioners in their quest for longevity and wellness. As the name suggests, practitioners perform the exercise often in various static and motionless positions. Through the focus of the mind, manipulating breathing patterns, and standing in various poses.
Major benefits of Xing Yi Standing Pole Qigong
- Better control emotions and dissipate negative thoughts, thus Relieving stress from work and hectic living.
- Enhance mental focus, improve concentration, and aid the treatment of Dysautonomia and central nervous system disorder.
- Help improve and in some cases treat mental conditions such as Anxiety, Depression, Bipolar and could also help delay Alzheimer's and dementia, etc.
- Boost Qi circulation to enhance organ functions and boasts organ health, thus complementing treatments to chronic illnesses such as Liver Cirrhosis, Kidney Failure, Angina, Gastric Ulcers etc.
- Effective in aiding and speeding up the post-operation healing process for patients
- Strengthen muscle tone, tendons flexibility and improve joint mobility,
Xing Yi Standing Pole was first promoted in hospitals in the north of China as a complementary treatment to Chronic illnesses such as lung, liver, and heart ailments. It was also prescribed to patients as rehabilitation treatment after operations. the exercise proved to be highly effective and beneficial with good results.
Who can join these seminars;
These seminars are suitable for enthusiasts of all levels, whether experienced practitioners, who would like to consolidate their practice, complete novices who would like to start Tai Chi and Qigong practice to build better health, enhance body functions, and de-stress, Or sufferers of various medical conditions who would like to explore complementary/alternative methods to combat chronic illnesses or boost immune systems will definitely find great benefits and good insight to these beautiful cultural heritages.
Instructor CPD and Revalidation
Certified Deyin Instructors could also take this opportunity to update their standard, and fulfill their CPD and revalidation requirements.
Deyin / BHQA Member & Instructor (No Reval):
One Day - £75 Two Days - £140
One day (CPD/Revalidation) - £85
Two day (CPD/Revalidation) - £160
One day - £90
Two days - £175